So for this year, one of the things I decided to do for December was an Advent calendar of activities. Day #1 was decorating the Christmas Tree. Daniel and Colin both helped put on decorations this year. Daniel was especially devoted to one section of the tree, which had about 3-4 ornaments per branch. I later re-decorated (i.e. spread out the ornaments) after they went to bed.
Day #2 of the Activities Advent Calendar was "Make an edible Christmas tree." I found this idea on Pinterest (duh) and thought it looked fun, cute and easy enough for Colin to participate. Basically you cover an ice cream cone in green icing, then decorate with Christmas M&Ms. Daniel did pretty well with it, but Colin was just interested in eating the cone and smearing the icing everywhere! I'm actually amazed he never rubbed it in his hair! Although it was messy, the boys had fun and it made for some great pictures!
Colin Decorating the Christmas Tree
Daniel Decorating the Christmas Tree
Boys with the Finished Christmas Tree
Where Daniel Decorated – 3-4 ornaments per branch
Colin Eating his Cone
Daniel Decorating his Cone
Better View of Daniel Decorating
Better View of Colin Eating
Messy Boy
And the Inevitable Messy Daniel
Daniel’s Final Product











No comments:
Post a Comment