Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Welcome Colin James!

Colin James Rich was born March 10, 2010 at 12:15 PM at North Hills Hospital, North Richland Hills, Texas. He weighed 6 lb 14 oz and measured 19.25 inches long.

I went to the hospital at 6 AM Wednesday morning for a scheduled induction. I had gone back and forth about getting induced and finally decided to do it because I was having such bad hip pain that I could hardly walk. I was hoping that getting the baby out would make it better (it is still getting better). They started me on a Pitocin drip to get labor started and we were quickly on our way. I had my epidural (still love that drug!) at about 10:30 AM and within an hour or so was ready to go! Mr. Colin popped right out - no work at all!

Allan was not able to be home for the birth, but he did get to experience it with me via webcam. The hospital staff was really great in helping get my computer set up, which was good because I ended up not having time! We were expecting the baby to come sometime in the afternoon since I had such a long labor with Daniel, but he came really fast. The Director of Women's Services had the IT department help out one of the nurses with setting up the webcam and it was awesome for Allan to get to "be there".

I also want to thank my sister Jennifer for being in the L&D room with me. She had been on-call for the last week or so waiting patiently for the call to come take me to the hospital. Thanks for watching lame early morning TV with me and taking all the great pictures!

Later in the day, Daniel came up to the hospital to meet his little brother. He was such a sweet boy and I helped him to hold Colin. We also had lots of visits from family and friends and enjoyed showing off our new little man.

The slideshow has the pictures from Colin's first days of life from the L&D room through coming home. Enjoy!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Welcome Colin James!
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Customize your own free digital slideshow

No comments: