This week, Allan and I took a no-kids trip to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic for our 10-year anniversary. We met our good friends Buddy & Kris Elliott at the Excellence Punta Cana resort for a lovely relaxing all-inclusive week. The resort was amazing and everything was so beautiful! We got off to a little bit of a rough start with pouring rain the entire first afternoon. The next couple of days were pretty rainy too, but we still had a great time. Finally, the rain quit and we had several sunny days to get some sun. We spent most of our time hanging out at the pool bar and meeting new friends or relaxing on the beach and playing in the waves. Since Punta Cana is on the Atlantic Ocean side of the island (as opposed to the Caribbean), the water was more choppy and darker, but still beautiful. We took one excursion to Saona Island which was great except for the 2 1/2 hour bus ride over the island and back (not in the brochure!). We took a speedboat out, stopped at the natural sandbar to see giant starfish, had several hours to enjoy the pristine beach on Saona Island, ate a delicious lunch (best fish), and then took a catamaran back. I had never been on one, so I had to get a picture on the front net! Allan and I also took a beginner scuba "lesson" in the resort pool, which was fun. I have been wanting to do that and see if I could handle doing scuba before trying to get certified. It was neat and I'd love to try doing it for real! Enjoy the pictures - sorry some of them are a little blurry because the water camera got spotty and salty!
![]() |
| Customize your own free digital slideshow |

No comments:
Post a Comment