Thursday, March 19, 2009

A Day at the Zoo

We took Daniel to the Fort Worth Zoo. I thought he might be old enough to appreciate some of the animals, since he is so interested in dogs and cats (both "Woof" - his one word). He waved at the orangutan and he liked the birds (flamingos and other large birds). But I think his favorite part of the zoo was the bamboo plants lining a portion of the walkway. He actually cried when I moved away from it! At the petting zoo area, we could barely get up to any of the animals (did I mention it was Spring Break and TOTALLY crowded!). The only animal Daniel got to pet was a chicken, which the zookeeper was holding up. He wasn't very interested in it, which was odd considering his earlier love of the flamingos. Click here to see all the pictures from the zoo.

Happy family at the zoo

Daniel & Allan by the flamingos

Playing with the bamboo - his favorite

Daniel petting the chicken

No comments: