I ended up going into labor in the wee hours of Saturday morning. We arrived at the hospital around 5:00 AM the morning of the 5th. So we didn't have to be induced - yeah!! My labor progressed pretty slowly and Allan and I spent lots of time walking up and down the hospital hallway. Now I know what those rails along the hospital hallways are for!! Around 3:00 PM I got an epidural (drugs rock!) and was able to get a little sleep. At that point I had been up since around midnight Friday night. After I received the epidural, my labor slowed down and they gave me Pictocin to help it along. Around 9:00 PM or so, the staff was concerned because baby's heartrate was dropping when I had contractions (I was hooked up to fetal monitoring). They did a test where they took a small sample of blood from the top of the baby's head for testing. When the doctor went to get the sample, she said "He's coming!" They did the test and everything was OK, so labor continued. I was really worried that something would be wrong and I would end up getting a C-section after being in labor so long! At that point, they said we could begin pushing whenever I felt the urge. A little bit later I was ready and Baby Daniel was born shortly after at 10:03 PM. Dad cut the umbilical cord and they gave Daniel to me to hold and cuddle. He is beautiful!
We hope you enjoy the first pictures of Baby Daniel as much as we enjoyed seeing and holding him for the first time! Click here for the pictures!
No comments:
Post a Comment